Daily Archives: January 27, 2012
When I was younger I thought I had been cursed because I had two younger brothers.
As an adult – and mom – I realized what a blessing The Boys were to me. All the dumb boy things Chris did when he was little? I’d already seen before while my poor sisters-in-law were befuddled having grown up in households without boys. I think having had a little brother has helped Katie out with Colton, too. Boys tend to take up more energy than girls because they have so much energy.
I liked these 25 Things to do with a Wiggly Toddler Boy (other than get frustrated) and have included her Top Ten ideas here. Please go look at the other 15.
1. Put him in an empty bath tub, give him water colors and let him go.
2. Put rice in a cake pan and let him pour from cup to cup.
3. Put him outside everyday regardless of weather.
4. Give him a small spray bottle of water and a rag. Set him loose on the fridge front, bathroom tile, linoleum, etc.
5. Make homemade play dough; give him a rolling pin.
6. When reading aloud, ask him many questions. Get him pointing, naming, giggling over each picture.
7. Have him run and tag the front door, run back and give you a high five, and repeat. And repeat. And repeat.
8. Find an empty box we can fit in; stay in the room with him to ensure safety- but get that book you’ve wanted to read for a while, because he’ll be busy for a while.
9. Teach him how to build a fort with the cushions.
10. Let him spread the PB and J.