Flashback Friday: Economic Questions for Our Time
Originally posted in September 26, 2008 and still pertinent today although I updated one question.
According to Jody Dean and Mitch Carr
* 20. When did we decide that every teenager needs a limo for the prom?
* 19. Who decided that people with no savings for a down payment should have a house?
* 18. Where did we get the idea that an Army vehicle would make a nice car to run around town?
* 17. What logic gave 6th graders unlimited texting?
* 16. Where did we get the idea that keeping up with the Joneses meant “Jerry”?
* 15. How did the TV get to be bigger than the sofa in front of it?
* 14. Why does every home makeover now have to be “extreme”?
* 13. When did we decide that a $150 concert ticket was “not bad”?
* 12. Who told us that a $4 cup of coffee made sense?
* 11. When did teenagers turning 16 start getting a driver’s license AND cosmetic surgery?
* 10. Where in the Bible do preachers find that God wants everyone to be wealthy?
* 9. Who decided that we should “Just Do It” instead of having to wait?
* 8. When did client lists become more important than Christmas card lists?
* 7. Why do people spend more time at health clubs than at dinner with friends?
* 6. How did we get pet spas?
* 5. Why have TIME and LIFE been replaced with SELF and US?
* 4. What is the reason again for Snookie?
* 3. How can you make money without investing any of your own?
* 2. When did every ride need to be pimped?
* 1. Who decided the “red carpet” needed a show of its own?